But.... it was time for a change! So I began by painting it all white using Benjamin Moore's Aura paint which covers anything in two coats maximum. I found even one coat of white covered pretty well. Next my husband and go to guy did the taping of the stripes. It does take time to get it right and as in every house the walls are never straight!! Frustrating to say the least. Once it was done I began painting the black, always make sure the tape is well sealed and use the basecoat colour over the tape first then your new colour to prevent bleeding. In my haste to get the work done (no surprise for anyone who knows me!) I missed that step so I did have some bleeding and had to redo. In the end it was perfect. My daughter still wanted some area for chalkboard so this time I used chalkboard paint on the panels of the closet door. Next she decided she wanted some hot pink as an accent colour so we bought a couple of pillows and I sprayed painted an existing magazine rack, desk chair, hooks and picture frames. Always an easy and inexpensive way to change things up to suit a new colour scheme. We also bought a new black and white print with some shots of vibrant colours in and voila the room is complete! The verdict is in and she loves it and so do her friends.